Circuit breaker diagnostics with CIBANO 500
Get to know the CIBANO 500 and the measurement principles for circuit breakers. Learn how to perform efficient circuit breaker tests in hands-on and theoretical sessions. Simplify your tests with the PTM (Primary Test Manager).
- Perform commissioning, troubleshooting and periodic tests of different types of circuit breakers
- Carry out all relevant circuit breaker tests with one single test setup by using optional accessories
- Perform straightforward assessment circuit breaker parameters with reference results
- Typical reasons for failure of circuit breakers
- Reasons for maintenance and testing of different MV and HV circuit breakers
- Overview about different types of MV and HV (live-tank, dead-tank and GIS) breakers and its components
- Comparison of conventional vs. time-efficient circuit breaker testing with CIBANO 500
- Typical tests on MV and HV circuit breakers such as static contact and dynamic resistance measurement (DRM), timing tests for main/auxiliary contacts and pre-insertion resistors, minimum pick-up tests, coil and motor current, contact travel (motion) of main contacts
- Safely perform timing tests on Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS) with both-sides grounded using Current Sensor Measurement (CSM) method
- Automatic test execution of comprehensive circuit breaker tests with CIBANO 500 and Primary Test Manager (PTM)
- Evaluation of the measurement results by means of practical examples
- Analyzing case studies of most common defects on various circuit breakers
8am - 5pm
*** Class may Pivot to Virtual if Needed ***
You will receive a tentative confirmation within a couple days of registering. Please note that due to COVID, we will update our in-person class status within 2 months of the class. Depending on the current situation at the time, we may need to pivot to a virtual training. We will not cancel.
Do NOT purchase any flights until you receive the FINAL confirmation confirming that we will still be hosting the in-person class.
What does this mean if this class goes virtual?
We will will still cover ALL the same topics as the in-person class, but the hands-on portion will be reduced to being done by the instructor. We will change the duration to 1/2 a day and reduce the price of the class to $360. Anyone who paid the in-person class fee, will receive a refund of the difference.
This class is eligible for PDH and NETA Credits.
Technical staff involved in circuit breaker testing in utilities, transmission, distribution and generation networks, railway grids, service companies and manufacturers.
Knowledge of electrical engineering
CB MC2, CB TN3 and accessories
Primary Test Manager (PTM)