IEC 61850 Services
You know about the IEC 61850 Data Model and want to send these data over the network? In this webinar you will get an overview of the IEC 61850 Services. Learn about the different types of services defined in the standard, resulting from the different requirements on communication within a substation. Understand what GOOSE and Sampled Values are and get to know some important Client/Server services, such as Reports and the Control Service, to make your life easier.
- Overview of IEC 61850 services
- Know about the key characteristics of the different types of services
- Understand where to use which IEC 61850 service
- Introduction to IEC 61850 services
- Multicast communication vs. C/S services
- Main aspects of the different types of services
- C/S services (SCADA communication)
- GOOSE (fast interdevice communication)
- Sampled Values (digital secondary wiring of measured values)
- Practical demonstration by means of an IEC 61850 IED (Intelligent Electronic Device)
2:00 p.m. CEST (60 min), UTC + 2
Anyone who is interested in the Services aspect of IEC 61850 (part 7-2) will benefit from this course.
Basic background knowledge about IEC 61850 or the Webinars Wpuc01 (Introduction to IEC 61850) and Wpuc08 (IEC 61850 Data Model) recommended