System Engineering and the SCL Concept
Join this webinar to learn about the SCL (System Configuration Language) and its underlying concept defined in the IEC 61850 standard. Get to know the different types and the structure of SCL files and have an insight into the engineering process of digital substations. Understand the potential of the top-down engineering approach and how this may have an effect on your daily work.
- Get an overview of the SCL concept and its different file types
- Know the benefits of configuring the overall communication system with the help of the SCL
- Understand how vendor independent system engineering and documentation is supported by SCL
- Overview of different SCL file types
- Configuration and engineering concept
- Top-down engineering approach
- Potential and hurdles of using SCL
- Practical demonstration: SCL file visualized with StationScout
3:00 p.m. AEST (90 min), UTC+10
This is an advanced course. Anyone who is interested in the SCL and the engineering aspect of IEC 61850 (part 6) will benefit from this course.
Background knowledge about IEC 61850 or the Webinars “Introduction to IEC 61850” (Wpuc01), “IEC 61850 Data Model” (Wpuc08) and “IEC 61850 Services” (Wpuc07) recommended