Power transformer diagnostics with TESTRANO 600
After an introduction into the maintenance of transformers, you will expand your knowledge in theory and practice with the TESTRANO 600 means of turns ratio, winding resistance and capacitance or dissipation/power factor measurements. Practical measurements will enable you to gain immediate testing experience.
- Overview of the structure of the transformer insulation, the bushings and the tap-changer
- Analysis of the condition of power transformers to fully exploit the lifetime of your asset
- Carry out time-optimized tests and diagnostics in the substation, powerstation or workshop
- Fast, simple and safe condition assessment of your power transformer
- Negative influences on the expected lifetime of a transformer
- Overview of frequent defects in transformer components and their fault patterns
- Construction of the transformer insulation, the bushings and the tap-changer
- Common conventional measurement methods such as turns ratio, winding resistance, short-circuit impedance and demagnetization of the transformer
- Theoretical background to capacity and dissipation/power factor measurements of winding and bushing insulation
- Automatic execution of three-phase measurements using the Primary Test Manager (PTM) software
- Evaluation of the measurement results by means of practical examples
- Assessment of diagnostic measurements and recognize possible defects and influences
- Analyzing case studies of most common defects on various power transformers
8am - 5pm
*** Class may Pivot to Virtual if Needed ***
You will receive a tentative confirmation within a couple days of registering. Please note that due to COVID, we will update our in-person class status within 2 months of the class. Depending on the current situation at the time, we may need to pivot to a virtual training. We will not cancel.
Do NOT purchase any flights until you receive the FINAL confirmation confirming that we will still be hosting the in-person class.
What does this mean if this class goes virtual?
We will will still cover ALL the same topics as the in-person class, but the hands-on portion will be reduced to being done by the instructor. We will change the duration to 1/2 a day and reduce the price of the class to $360. Anyone who paid the in-person class fee, will receive a refund of the difference.
This class is eligible for PDH and NETA Credits.
Technical staff involved in transformer testing in utilities, transmission, distribution and generation networks, railway grids, service companies and manufacturers.
Knowledge of electrical engineering
Primary Test Manager (PTM)