Video Course with Online Practical Parts: Power System Protection Testing with the OMICRON Test Universe
Benefit from a unique and flexible course combination. Get to know the OMICRON Test Universe Software from scratch with the help of short video tutorials. Perform real protection tests in our test lab via remote access on a protection relay and a CMC test set. You will work out realistic tasks to get familiar with the different software modules. Our trainer will assist you personally through email, phone or via our OMICRON APP to solve the given tasks. The trainer will supervise your test steps during the practical parts and support you when implementing the newly acquired knowledge into practice. This course will enable you to create comprehensive and reusable test sequences for overcurrent, distance and differential relays.
- Performing commissioning and periodic tests of protection relays
- Testing overcurrent, distance and transformer differential relays with the OMICRON Test Universe
- Using the OMICRON Test Universe from scratch
- Quick current and voltage output for easy wiring tests
- Configuration of the test object parameters and the test hardware
- Creating a flexible test plan for overcurrent relays including testing pick-up values and trip times
- Hands-on testing of the overcurrent protection function
- Creating a flexible test plan for distance relays including testing the trip times and zone reaches as well as switch on to fault (manual close) and auto-reclosing
- Hands-on testing of distance relays
- Creating a flexible test plan for transformer differential relays including testing the stability during external faults, the tripping characteristic, the trip times and the harmonic restraints
- Hands-on testing of transformer differential relays
Time frame: 5 weeks | Work effort: 25 hours
Date | Time* | Topic
11.06.2021 | 09:00 - 11:00 a.m.| Introduction
Unit 1: Configuration of test object parameters and hands-on testing of overcurrent protection
14. – 16.06.2021 | flexible| Video tutorials - self-study
17. - 18.06. + 21.06.2021 | flexible| practical part
Unit 2: Hands-on testing of distance relays
22. – 24.06.2021 | flexible | Video tutorials - self-study
28. – 30.06.2021 | flexibel | practical part
Unit 3: Hands-on testing of switch on to fault and autoreclosure
01. – 02. + 05.07.2021 | flexible | Video tutorials - self-study
06.07. – 08.07.2021 | flexible | practical part
Unit 4: Hands-on testing of transformer differential relays
09.+12.– 13.07.2021 | flexible | Video tutorials - self-study
14.07. – 16.07.2021 | flexible | practical part
16.07.2021 | 09:30 - 10:30 a.m.| Conclusion / Final Round
You will be assisted by our trainer during the whole period of time.
*All times are stated as CEST (Central European Summer Time).
This online training course is hosted by our Training Center Erlangen, Germany.
Please check your time zone before registering!
*For this class, we will be using a Cisco Webex Meetings solution made available by Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, California, USA) to conduct our training sessions. For that purpose, your data submitted in the registration process needs to be forwarded to Cisco.
Technical staff from utilities, transmission and distribution networks, railway grids, service companies and manufacturers involved in protection testing
Basic knowledge of power system protection